Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shameless SLA promotion

Tonight I met my first major deadline as a division program planner for the 2009 SLA conference, inputting my programs into the online conference planner. In spite of a planner that wouldn't always cooperate (mainly in the form of giving me error messages when I tried to save pages), I made it just under the deadline.

This weekend, I'll be making an audio recording of myself talking about my career path and how I got involved in SLA for the student SLA chapter at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. One of the students (thanks Anna!) in the management course I co-taught this summer flattered me very much when she asked if I would be willing to speak to her group. I really do enjoy talking to students about my job and what an important part SLA membership has played in my career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home