Sunday, October 19, 2008

"The Hollywood Librarian" DVD coming soon

Blake Carver of LISNews posted about "The Hollywood Librarian" documentary being made available on DVD.

Ever since I heard filmmaker Ann Seidel's presentation about the representation of librarians in film at a Wisconsin SLA chapter meeting in April 2004, I've been eagerly awaiting the finished product.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a bit longer. When I went to the site today, there was a message from Ann asking for patience as negotiations go on "with a prestigious, international film distributor." She says to check back in the next couple weeks for updates.

The film will be available for $39.95 and there is also a version available for $289.95, which grants "limited performance rights to show the movie in public and educational settings."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for it too. we should watch together

2:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That sounds like a plan. Even though the DVD is a bit pricey, I can't not have it and I know as a fellow librarian, you can understand.

By the way, I have Poh Si's film. I'll give it to you when I see you
Saturday.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home