Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Let's get this party re-started

Ok, it didn't take long. "All Things Amy" is officially resurrected!

One of my favorite blogs of late is "The Daily Mirror" from the Los Angeles Times. It's written by Times' staffers Larry Harnisch and Keith Thursby and offers an interesting look at the history of the city of Los Angeles through the use of historic pages and photos from the Times' archive.

One of favorite parts of the blog is the reader interaction it offers by way of the various "Movie Star mystery photos" that are posted. Here's a recent example. (I made a guess on this one, but was dead wrong; I did manage a correct guess of Cary Grant in a prior mystery photo.) Given my interest in the stars and movies that were part of Hollywood's Golden Age, I really enjoy these posts and always anxiously await the next set of photos.

And as a news librarian, I really like the idea of using your paper's historical print and photo collections to attract new readers via the Web.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyberspastic said...

good to see you're back to blogging. didn't you use Wordpress before?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

As you know, I've been mulling it over for a while and felt the timing was right. I'm going to do my best to post regularly. Thanks for keeping me in your feed reader.

I've always used the Blogger platform.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home