Sunday, October 19, 2008

Addicted to NPR

This should be one of the taglines I always use when describing myself. Every day, I listen to four shows on National Public Radio: "Morning Edition," "Fresh Air," "Talk of the Nation" and "All Things Considered." On the weekends, I listen to "All Things Considered" in the evenings, while mornings are devoted to "Weekend Edition," hosted by Scott Simon on Saturday and Liane Hansen on Sunday.

Weekend Edition now has a blog, appropriately titled "Weekend Soapbox," which includes videos of interviews, as well as behind the scenes looks at Scott, Liane and their shows.

Next year the SLA annual conference is in D.C. and in my role as program planner for the News Division, I've worked with librarian Kee Malesky to have a reception at NPR on Saturday, June 13, 2009. Even though its months away, I'm already really looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home