Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I have returned

I arrived home from Toronto this afternoon after a busy and very enlightening conference. Of course I'm biased, but the News Division put on a great slate of programs, my favorite being that of the fabulous Gary Price.

I also got to see j, albeit it was for only a few minutes Sunday afternoon as she was rushing to get to the airport. The next day, I checked the message board and there was a very sweet note that was left for me in case we didn't manage to cross paths.

The News Division Awards Banquet at Casa Loma was fantastic, the best part being when my boss was presented with his award. Not many people are lucky enough to be able to say this, but working for him has truly been one of the best experiences of my life.

The best part of any conference is the opportunity to network with fellow librarians and information professionals and SLA definitely has some of the friendliest people in its midst. And it was so cool to meet so many people who attended UW-Madison or lived in and around the Madison area. Last night on the hotel elevator, I met a woman from Boston and when I told her where I was from, she exclaimed that her sister lived in Waunakee!

A small world indeed.

True to form, I didn't sleep well in the hotel and even though I'm less than enamored of my apartment, I am glad to be sleeping in my own bed tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home