Monday, March 16, 2009

"The State of the News Media 2009"

The introduction to the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism's annual report on the State of the News Media says it all: "This is the sixth edition of our annual report on the State of the News Media in the United States. It is also the bleakest."

This is hardly a surprise given the economy, the rising cost of newsprint, a decrease in advertising and a myriad of other factors I'm sure you've been reading about.

Sigh.

NPR's "Talk of the Nation" devoted a segment to the report today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleak indeed. did you see Jessica's post on the web site dedicated to Newspaper layoffs, buyouts and closings? eek!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I did. How depressing. I know you know how much I love newspapers and how much I want to keep working for one. I'm just so grateful to still have my job and want to be able to continue doing this for as long as I can.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home