Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars

While I didn't watch most of the Oscar ceremony, I did tune in around 11:30 to watch the awards for Best Actress and Best Actor be presented. I knew Kate Winslet would win, but was torn between Mickey Rourke and Sean Penn for Best Actor. In case you're living under a rock and haven't heard, Penn won for playing Harvey Milk in "Milk."

So in the big six categories this year, I'm five for six, missing out on Actor since my original prediction was Rourke and it's only fair that I admit that.

Amanda and I chatted online for a bit about the length of the ceremony, the fashions and the acceptance speeches. We agreed that per usual the show was way too long and that the idea of having five presenters come out to make comments about each nominee in the acting categories got old after a while, even though I think Sophia Loren looks fantastic! We also agreed that Beyonce's dress was awful.

I thought Penn gave a great acceptance speech that was parts humorous and socially conscious and liked the nod he gave to fellow nominee Rourke. Very classy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

them's good odds, missy!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I did pretty well this year if I do say so myself.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You and I need to schedule another movie night soon.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I guess I'm the only one who liked Beyonce's dress! I didn't watch the ceremony (I honestly could hardly care less) but I saw the pics online and in the paper. I also saw Miley Cyrus' dress getting panned, but I thought it was pretty too. Everyone loved Jennifer Aniston's dress; I thought it was fine, but uninteresting. I guess I'm a freak this year.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home