Monday, October 27, 2008

Three out of four isn't bad

The "Librarian on the Run" has an interesting post (thanks to LISNews for the link) about how to dress like your "mother's librarian." I fear I'm doing my part to keep the stereotype going since I meet three of the four criteria:

1. "Wear a lanyard, and attach as much crap to it as possible: t pass, work badge, several keys:"

Lanyard, check. Work ID badge, check. Thumb drive, Check. Geek? Check.

2. "Don't wear glasses that you think are cute or vintage. Wear glasses similar to those that Angela used to rock on "Who's the Boss?"

I had lasik surgery in 2003 and no longer wear glasses. Whew.

3. "Wear book-themed jewelry"

Guilty. Check out my "Dewey or don't we?" pin.

4. "And finally, wear sensible shoes"

I'm all about comfort and would wear slippers to work if I could get away with it.

Call it what you will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. No lanyard
2. I guess you would say my glasses are cute. Or possibly vintage.
3. I don't think I own any book-themed jewelry
4. This one I've got - I rarely wear anything with a heel.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home