Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Belated Happy New Year

I've been remiss in wishing everyone a Happy New Year. I just returned Monday from 12 wonderful days at home in Madison. I didn't go out as much this time, but I did of course make time for a trip to Paisan's with Pam.

The weather was not at all typical for a Wisconsin winter. The last Friday I was in town the sun was shining and it was in the upper 40s, absolutely beautiful.

I'm happy to report no major problems with air travel on the way there or back. My greatest fear was that I was going to spend New Year's Day sitting around in the airport and I'm happy that fear was unfounded.

It was hard returning to reality and going back to work today after two weeks off, but overall things went fine.

I have to work this Saturday and will probably take this weekend to veg before I must get serious with my freelance work, the writing of a news library profile and program planning for a local professional organization I'm part of.

I know you're all dying to know what I did New Year's Eve, so I'll confess midnight came and went without me noticing. I further confess what was distracting me, the episode of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" where Dog and Beth marry. I wonder if Julie was watching as well. (An inside joke to a colleague and friend of mine.)

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2007.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Happy New Year to you too. Glad your trip went well. And yep, returning to reality stinks.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home