Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving thoughts

Once again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

I had to work today, but I'm happy to report everything went very smoothly.

After work, I had a delicious dinner with two good friends and we spent a nice afternoon together.

When I made the move from Wisconsin to Ohio, I knew this would mean I would no longer be able to spend some holidays with my family. I reconciled myself to this fact and figured I'd spend such days sleeping in and watching movies and that I'd be fine spending the day alone. I was wrong though. Being with friends today was much nicer.

This week I've read the comments of many bloggers regarding what they are most thankful for. It's my turn to chime in, because I certainly have much to be grateful for.

First, I'm most thankful that my dad had successful triple bypass surgery in June and that it's been five months since he last smoked. The surgery was rough, but I know giving up cigarettes once and for all was a much bigger challenge. I'm very, very proud of him.

I'm thankful that my family and I are in relatively good health. I have the same problems everyone else has. I could stand to lose a few pounds, to eat healthier and to get more sleep, but overall I feel good each day and I don't take that for granted.

I'm glad to be gainfully employed and working in an area of special librarianship that I love. Such positions are few and far between and I know how lucky I am.

Finally, I'm thankful for my friends, those I had in Madison who have continued to stay in touch, friends who have bent over backwards to make me welcome in my new (I've been here over a year, how long can I keep saying new?) surroundings and friends who I've reconnected with after some time apart. I appreciate you all more than I can say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too. :)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home