Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One of those weeks

Yours truly has not been having a good week.

Last night, I hightailed it home to participate in the online class I've been co-teaching since early June. I was logged in, notes at my side, ready to go when exactly three minutes before class, my power went out. With no other alternatives, I drove back into work and used my
company-issued laptop as a substitute. All ended well and even though the electricity going out is something out of my control, I was annoyed that I had to miss the first half hour of class.

But it gets better. Tonight when I got home from work, I discovered my air conditioning, which I've been running for two weeks straight, isn't working any longer. Keep in mind that like every other part of the country, Columbus is hot, hot, hot, with temperatures that have been in the
mid to upper 90s for the past several days. Anyway, the thermostat was reading 95 degrees and rising so I called the emergency maintenance number. We'll see which happens first: maintenance arrives or I melt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Oh no! I feel your pain! I was miserable without a/c and it wasn't nearly this hot! I hope it's fixed soon.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Maintenance was supposed to come over today when I was at work, but of course they didn't. Oh the joys of apartment living. He's on his way over now. The thermostat reads 97 in here, it's awful.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good news, the air conditioning has returned! Apparently my braker blew during the power outage Tuesday night. It's 85 in her now and still dropping. Ahhh ...

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home