Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Best cities for singles

The city that I've been living in for nearly a year (amazing that the anniversary of my move is fast approaching) made the list of Forbes.com's top 40 major metropolitan areas favorable to singles. Columbus is number 11 this year, a 7 point move from its number 18 ranking last year. The number one spot went to Denver-Boulder.

The rankings were based on seven categories: nightlife, culture, cost of living alone, singles population, job growth, online dating and "coolness." After Denver-Boulder, the remaining top ten spots went to Boston, Phoenix, San Francisco-Oakland, New York, Raleigh-Durham, N.C., Seattle, Austin, Texas, and Washington-Baltimore.

The only personal perspective I can offer is that I've had no luck in this area. I'll leave it at that. Discuss among yourselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I must say that I think it's a pretty cool place to live - lots going on for young people.

As far as your personal luck, you need to get out more - and SLA meetings don't count. Neither of the 2 guys in our chapter would be any good for you. :)

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm. I'd have to read more about the criteria involved in the study. I get out a good amount, but I haven't found it that great to meet sober people - if you like tipsy people in a bar, then it's fine for that

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home