Sunday, July 02, 2006

2006 Great Lakes Regional Conference update

Following up on a post from two weeks ago, the 2006 Great Lakes Regional Conference now has a Web site I can refer you to for additional information. Registration is open, but there are some deadlines to keep in mind.

Early bird registration requires that your materials be postmarked by July 29th. Cost is $125 for attending the Thursday and Friday programs, which is what I'm planning on doing. After the 29th, the fee goes up to $155. You can find the complete list of registration options on the site's registration page.

A complete list of programs will be available soon, but to get you interested, here are some of the topics that are currently planned: "Google Tips & Tricks, Law Resources for Non-Law Librarians, Business Resources, Document Delivery Services, The NCAA Virtual Library Project, GIS and Libraries, Text Mining and Librarian in "Jeopardy."

I'm willing to drive if anyone is willing to read me the trusty MapQuest directions. My thought is to go in earlier to work on Wednesday so I can leave earlier and arrive in Indianapolis Wednesday evening. I'm planning on sticking around on Friday afternoon for some of the area library tours. So far, those will include Eli Lilly & Company and the National Collegiate Athletic Association/Hall of Champions. I'm also hoping that a suggestion of mine will result in a tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home