Sunday, June 18, 2006

2006 Great Lakes Regional Conference

If you didn't get a chance to attend the Special Libraries Association's annual conference, another option I would strongly urge you to consider is the 2006 Great Lakes Regional Conference, which will be held September 6 -8 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The Great Lakes Regional Conference is held every few years or so. The last, which I was able to attend while I was a graduate student, was held in Grand Rapids, Michigan in the fall of 2003.

My recollection was that there was an opening reception Wednesday evening, with a full schedule of sessions on Thursday and a half day on Friday.

I am tentatively planning to go, since it would require me taking only one vacation day and the location is within a reasonable driving distance. (I'm guesstimating about four hours.) Anyone for a carpool?

The Indiana SLA chapter is spearheading the conference planning, so keep an eye on their Web site as more details become available. And if you're interested in volunteering, contact Indiana's chapter president, Lisa Greer Douglass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hmmm... tempting! Count me as a maybe on that carpool!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home