Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend Father's Day with my dad because the house is full of sickness at the moment.

My sister and nephew now live with my parents and on Wednesday my nephew was sick with the flu. He passed it on to my sister, who in turn passed it on to my mom.

I felt rotten, but I just didn't want to go over there and take the chance of coming down with anything myself.

My brother didn't go either, but he did go to the house at 3 a.m. this morning to help my parents with their paper route. I talked to him at 8 p.m. this evening and he was heading to bed because he had never gotten a chance to get back to bed this morning and was exhausted. What exciting lives this family leads, NOT!

I sat out on my balcony trying to finish the latest book for my reviewing gig and was bored to tears. The book profiles some of the best business presenters, but in my mind, the style is all wrong. I would have done interviews with those profiled and then edited the various comments into a book where the participants discussed the worst presentation they ever gave, how they polished their presentation style and how they maintain their interest and passion for the topics they discuss with audiences. In its current form, the book simply comes off as a bad infomercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home