Friday, October 06, 2006

To hail with it

How is it that once you return from vacation everything seems to go down the tubes?

I was in one rotten mood early this morning when I got a good look at my car and saw all the dents covering it after it got pelted with hail during a bad storm that passed through Columbus Wednesday evening, most likely while I was stewing in the Detroit airport waiting for a flight that took off three hours late.

My car is normally safe from the elements because it's parked in a garage, but on this night it was parked in a surface lot at the Columbus airport waiting for me to return to save it. Alas, it was not to be.

The car looks awful and I'm embarrassed to be driving it. The roof and trunk have several dings, but the hood took the brunt of the damage. It looks like someone took a golf club and proceeeded to pound.

I can't get the car into the drive through estimate place until Wednesday. Add to that the fact that after a year I still don't know my way around Columbus and will probably get lost trying to find this place during my lunch hour on Wednesday and you've got one happy woman right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Oh crap, I'm sorry about your car. And the hail storm didn't even hit the area of town where you live. What rotten luck.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home