Friday, September 15, 2006

Back for one day only

I'm sure my faithful readers have noticed that things have been quiet on All Things Amy lately.

That's because I've been traveling far and wide, so far for business, but soon for pleasure as well.

I got back today from the beautiful city of Knoxville, Tennessee. I was there in an official capacity, serving on a board I was appointed to. I got to meet some wonderful colleagues, some I'm already well acquainted with and others who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time.

Thursday evening, we all met for dinner at the Riverside Tavern. The restaurant overlooks the Tennessee River and the view was fantastic. At night, the river is lit up and is absolutely beautiful.

And the people in Knoxville are wonderful. Everywhere I went people would say hello and ask how I was.

The best part though was the scenery. Tennessee is a beautiful place.

Unfortunately, my trip only lasted 24 hours. I left for Columbus around 2:30 and made excellent time, arriving at my apartment at 7:45. Yes, I went over the speed limit, except for outside of Lexington, Kentucky, where I crawled for 15 minutes during rush hour and while going through Cincinnati because, well, it's Cincinnati.

I'm home for one day only. Sunday morning I'm flying to Tampa and will be in St. Petersburg for a Poynter seminar that I'm thrilled to be a part of. I got a glimpse of the schedule today and I'm impressed. I think I'll learn a lot and am excited at the prospect of sharing time with my fellow news librarians.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and your fellow news librarians are looking forward to sharing the wealth of knowledge you're obtaining.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home