Thursday, August 17, 2006

Presidential trivia

I stumbled across this presidential trivia page from the National Park Service after a colleague mentioned that she listened to a locally produced NPR piece that said James Madison, the fourth President of the United States and one of two presidents to sign the Constitution, (President George Washington was the other) stood only a little over five feet tall and was around 100 pounds.

The most interesting thing I learned concerned our 14th president, Franklin Pierce. President Pierce delivered his inaugural address entirely from memory. Did I mention it was 3,319 words?

Something for me to aspire to given that I'll be teaching again next summer. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Yeah, I'd rather aspire to memorize a speech than aspire to be 5' tall & 100 pounds. :)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home