Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Seniors love to blog too!

Thanks to Ken Leebow for pointing out an article (free registration required) in today's The New York Times on the popularity of blogging among seniors.

The story includes audio of 81-year-old blogger and retired journalist Mort Reichek, whose blog has helped relieve the frustration he felt at not having an outlet to express himself.

Reichek says he has been amazed at the number of people looking at his blog. In fact, it's gotten to the point that he's unable to keep up his correspondence with all the visitors who have commented on his site. He has another slight problem: his wife isn't happy about the amount of time he spends blogging. His response to her is that blogging is "an antidote to senile dementia."
I love that.

You go Mort!

(Another reason I like Mort is that we both have great taste in templates.)

* Addendum: Mort is 81-years-young. I apologize for listing his age incorrectly in my original posting and thank Mort for keeping me on my toes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Yeah, yeah, that's why I blog too! To prevent dementia! :) And yes, he has a lovely template.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mortart said...

Please, I am only 81, not 84. Dont rush things.
www.octogenarian.blogspot.com

8:41 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

My apologies to you Mort. That's what I get for staying up so late at night to blog. I find it addicting, just like you.

I will correct the mistake in my post and by the way, I'm honored that you commented on my blog.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home