Thursday, April 06, 2006

Caution: Comments may not be as they appear

Last night I was a bit bored and decided to check all my previous posts to read the various comments that were left for me. Well imagine my surprise when two comments appeared to have been posted by my ex. After spending a minute or two thinking about how odd it was to hear from him in this way, my brain began to work again and I thought about the situation logically. The truth is that while I'll never know, my guess is that it wasn't him who posted, but some person trying to, as my good friend Amanda put it, "f*** with you."

The first comment was made anonymously and the second used the initials "SM," which is a nickname he uses. I referenced that in my post because in spite of everything, I wanted to respect his privacy.

The language that was used puzzled me as well. He used the word "facilitated," which seemed out of character for him. I don't mean to imply that he's stupid, because he most certainly is not, it just didn't seem like a word I would hear from him.

Finally, my dumping was "facilitated" through the use of the silent treatment. If someone won't answer an e-mail, why in the world would they post a comment on your blog?

As I said, I'll be left to wonder. The only way I would ever know for sure is if he would post another comment, this time using his real initials or alluding to a trip we took or something else that only he and I would know about.

Better yet, an e-mail or phone call where he would apologize for what he did to me would be better. And no, I don't think that will ever happen either.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

How very strange. Usually an answer seems to surface eventually in these types of situations. I just recently found out that a "friend" of mine thought it was funny to post rude comments anonymously on my blog. At least that explained who they were coming from.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I don't have an Email, I'll just say it here. I do apologize for the way things ended. It wasn't the slient treatment that facilitated things, it was an Email you sent. In any case, we'll always have the trip to the Hoover library.

Glad to see things are going well in your life. And thanks for not giving my id up and sparing me from all the hatefull Emails that I would deserve. I wish you all the best.

And I had to check back to see how long it would take you to find the comments.

If you want to do the HHH, you'll have to wait until 2007, as registration is already filled.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home