Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dream job

"Fresh Air" on NPR today featured an interview with Ben Karlin, the executive producer of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and the co-executive producer of "The Colbert Report."

At one point, host Terry Gross asked Karlin if there are staff members whose sole jobs are to watch the various TV news shows with the goal of finding items to be featured on the show and Karlin said yes, that there are such people.

This is sad, but true. This would be my dream job.

* A side note: Ben is a fellow UW alum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I was thinking about this yesterday as I watched the Daily Show... I don't think I could do that job because it would require watching a WHOLE LOT of Fox News (which I do not require to be on when I enter a hotel room, by the way).

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home