Friday, April 21, 2006

My first blogiversary

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since I started this blog. I have to admit that I'm quite proud of myself for sticking with it this time and finding a niche for myself discussing the issues closest to my heart: librarianship, journalism and the ways in which they intersect. Several of my initial posts were quite lame, with musings on the results of fun quizzes I took and "take pity on me" entries where I went on and on about being dumped by an ex who I'm better off and much happier without. My promise for the next year is this: no more dirty laundry will inhabit this blog.

I have also questioned the name I chose for the blog since in actuality, it contains very little information about me. This was the name I chose for my first blog, which was set up for me and my classmates as part of a blogging course we took in library school. That blog died when our instructor's server crashed, but the name stuck. I guess it has grown on me as well, because "All Things Amy" is what it will remain.

Thanks to all of you for reading my blog and I hope you'll continue to follow it throughout the next year.

There's another blogiversary I want to make note of, that of my good friend and mentor j. How ironic is it that we share this date? Happy third blogiversary j!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

8:58 AM  
Blogger nichole said...

Hear hear! Ah, the old class blog...I still have the notes, saved from oblivion thanks to jessica... good times.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Cindy!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Nichole,

It's great to hear from you. I was just thinking that the class was three years ago ... can you believe it? Glad to see you and JonMichael are still happily blogging away.

11:52 PM  
Blogger j said...

Hey Amy,

Congratulations!!! Happy Blogiversary and many more!

1:14 AM  
Blogger j said...

Oh, hey~ I looked at nichole's notes. You were in that class Jonathan taught in the summer of 2003, right? Jonathan and I were in school together. He wrote to me while he was teaching the course. Cool! I'm excited that you were in that class!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey j,

Yes, Jonathan taught the course. It was the ideal summer class, very laid back with lots of information. Jonathan got me fascinated with blogging, but unfortunately work and school didn't allow me the time to do it. I made another attempt, but that died too. So it's true what they say, three times is the charm.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home