Friday, March 17, 2006

A plea to my tech geek friends

Calling all my tech geek friends, I hope you can help me out with a problem that I find completely maddening.

Tonight I tried to order something from Amazon and attempted to log in to my existing account. I type my e-mail address and password and get a message that my e-mail address is not in the proper format. Here's the exact annoying message I keep getting:

"The e-mail address you entered appears to be incorrect. E-mail addresses must contain an "at" sign (@) and a period (.) somewhere to the right of the @, with no spaces or commas. (Example: yourscreenname@aol.com) "

I just want to scream at the computer that the address is in the proper format (I've ordered many times before and had no problem entering the address.)

Of course, I can't send an e-mail to Amazon either because, you guessed it, it doesn't recognize my address.

This has been happening a lot lately. I tried signing up for some online newsletters and had my address rejected. I tried my primary account, as well as a Yahoo! and Gmail address and it wouldn't accept any of them.

Any help with this frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home