Monday, December 15, 2008

Librarian makes the cut for best careers of 2009

Librarian has made U.S. News & World Report's list of the top 30 careers for 2009.

You'll get no argument from me on that point. After all, I'm a librarian myself and welcome any opportunity to tout my career choice.

However, I have to acknowledge there is some validity to the comments made on the article by people disputing the number of jobs available in the field. I'm not going to say finding a job is impossible, but job hunting in this field is a process that requires lots of patience and often relocation, which was the case for me. (My nine-month search ended with a move from my home state of Wisconsin to Ohio.)

That said, I don't believe finding a library job is any more difficult than finding a job in any field, particularly in the current economic climate.

I welcome librarian making any list that gives the career the positive attention it deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home