Monday, June 18, 2007

My accent

Ever since I moved to Ohio nearly two years ago, certain people have commented on or made fun of my (apparently) Wisconsin accent.

At least I haven't lost it. Thanks to Liz for posting this quiz.

What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy. nice to see you posting again. How was Al Gore?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I enjoyed his speech and so did most of the people there, but it was clearly a "friends of Al" crowd. They introduced him to the theme song for "CSI" ("Who are You?" by, who else, The Who.)

His speech wasn't as much about global warming, which I was expecting, as the importance of information and the roles librarians play in disseminating it.

I didn't stick around for the Q&A, but I was told Al got very emotional talking about his family and how he'd regret it if years from now his grandchildren asked about global warming and other problems in the world and question why their grandfather didn't do anything about it.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home