Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dolly's thoughts on what it takes to be a librarian

Dolly, one of the stars of Bill Keane's comic "Family Circus," thinks she knows what it takes to be a librarian. The comic isn't available online yet, so allow me to paraphrase (or take a peek inside the comics section of the daily newspaper). As Dolly and her brother Billy are walking out of the library, Dolly turns to him, her index finger raised to her lip and tells Billy "To be a librarian, all you have to learn is how to say "SHH!"

Of course that is one of the oldest stereotypes around about librarians, but I maintain my sense of humor about such things. It will interesting to learn the reactions of other librarians though. LISNews is the first I've seen to weigh in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I was JUST about to write you an email and see if you'd seen the comic or the story on Lisnews!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What can I say? I'm good. :)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember what a character in "Go" said about Family Circus? :)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home