Thursday, January 18, 2007

NY Times gives the dead "the last word"

If you went to The New York Times Web site today to read about the death of humorist Art Buchwald, you were greeted by Buchwald himself. "Hi, I'm Art Buchwald and I just died," he said.

This video obituary is part of a new feature the paper is offering to tell the stories of those who left us. "We've asked people how they want to be remembered and recorded their thoughts," says a man in the introductory portion of the Buchwald piece. "We're giving them and you the last word."

What a cool way of looking back on a person's life. I wonder what kinds of things I would make sure to mention when reflecting on my own life and which parts I would keep closely guarded and take to my grave with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home