Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A dangerous city for librarians?

Asked by my good friend Amanda when she heard about this incident via LISNews. Read on.

Library news made the front page of my local paper today. Problem was, it wasn't the kind of publicity a library or my fellow librarians were asking for.

A little after 4 p.m. yesterday, a car with three teenagers inside plowed into a branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, injuring the library manager. The "best" part though is that it wasn't an accident. One of the teens had just finished serving a one-week suspension from the branch after causing a disturbance last week and it appears that the crash was done in retaliation.

Wait a minute, the story gets better. The car that was used was stolen. Let's hope the police catch these idiots (and I know I'm being too kind) soon.

* Update: Right after making this post, I heard on the 11 p.m. news that two 15-year-old boys have been caught and that police are still looking for the third teen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home