Wednesday, December 28, 2005

There's no place like home

I just returned from four days in my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin and had a wonderful time. I got to spend time with my family, eat at my favorite restaurant and visit with my former boss and co-workers. (I miss working with them so much.)

That said, what would a vacation involving the airlines be if you couldn't complain? I will not bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that getting stuck overnight in Milwaukee and waking up at 3:45 a.m. to catch a flight home, after which you have to run home to change into your "work attire" and then work a full day, is not the ideal situation to find yourself in.

One of my colleagues remarked that "I didn't look tired," so score one for me. And I was very busy today, which helped immensely. But tonight, I'm taking a hot shower, eating my dinner and going to bed for a good night's rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home