Sunday, December 04, 2005

On Wisconsin

I received a message from the UW Foundation this evening hitting me up for a contribution for the 2005 Annual Fund. It was accompanied by a brief slideshow, showing scenes from the
UW-Madison campus, that I admit made me wistful for Madison and for all the wonderful times I shared with Amanda, Laura, Em, Mimi and Anu during our time together in library school.

Pursuing my master's degree was definitely one of the more challenging and difficult decisions I made, but even when I was depressed because I thought I was never going to find a professional position, I never regretted the choice. I made some wonderful friends and those three years brought me some of the best moments of my life.

On Wisconsin!

And by the way, the Foundation is certainly being persistent, because I received a letter via snail mail yesterday asking for a donation.

Well, their "ploy" worked. My check is in the mail, with the money going to the Second Century Fund at the School of Library and Information Studies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home